Project Engineer in Norway
Topside Project Engineer, Bergen, Norway
The topside project engineer reports directly to the Topside Project Manager.
The Topside Project Engineer is responsible for the direction and coordination of all topside related pre-FEED and FEED activities, for the development of a platform on the Norwegian continental shelf.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING TO NORWEGIAN (NORSOK) STANDARDS
• Responsible for offshore platform topside front-end development design including gas processing, condensate handling, compression, MEG regeneration and reclamation and injection, power generation and distribution, controls, hull integration, installation and commissioning methods, etc.
• Responsible for providing Platform design philosophies, design basis, and technical engineering. Experience in the application of applicable national and international industry codes and standards. Conversant with the engineering documentation, including block diagrams, PFD’s, P&ID’s and Data Sheets.
• Responsible for topside project execution plans including development costs, schedules, risk management assessments, and installation and contracting strategies for oil & gas development projects.
• Effectively liaise with other development disciplines including hulls and moorings, flowlines and risers, subsea, HSE, procurement, etc. teams to ensure development alignment.
Prepare scopes of work, and other documents for tendering• engineering and project management services. Evaluate and award engineering and project contracts for design and installation management of topside systems including: gas processing, condensate handling, compression, MEG regeneration and reclamation and injection, power generation and distribution, controls, living quarters, etc.
• Demonstrable commitment to the highest standards of HSE, working continuously for improvement both in own activities and in those of the assets, projects or other business activities in which they are involved.
• Experience in the planning and execution of topside development projects to include pre-FEED, FEED, detailed design, installation pre-commissioning and start-up.
• Significant experience in up front engineering, detailed engineering, contracting and construction, and commissioning and start-up of topside systems; this experience would allow the engineer to work independently using own initiative with only minor management oversight. Results oriented approach to project work.
• Experience with design, procurement, installation and commissioning of topside packages.
• Previous experience working in Norway to NORSOK standards is essential to be considered for this role.
To apply or for further details please get in touch with Simon at Leap29 sduff (at) leap29 (dot) com
Required Skills/Experience: Engineering Degree, topside project engineering, oil and gas, platform, NORSOK
Desired Skills/Experience: Engineering Degree, topside project engineering, oil and gas, platform, NORSOK
Required Qualifications: Engineering Degree, topside project engineering
Desired Qualifications: Engineering Degree, topside project engineering
Location: Bergen, NORWAY
Remuneration: 300 - 500 Euro/day
Advert Published: 10 Aug 2011
Expiry date: 9 Sep 2011
Leap29 Ref. No.:
OilCareers Ref. No.:
Work Permit Requirements: EUROPEAN UNION
(Applications will only be considered from people who are authorised to work in this location by being a national of that country or region, or by holding a valid work permit.)