Electrical Engineer in Oman
Our client is urgently seeking to recruit an experienced Electrical Engineer to work on their project which is based in Oman on a residential basis
• 8 years oil and gas engineering experience
• Experience in front end detailed design required (minimum of 6 years experience in an engineering design company)
• Conversant with relevant international standards
• Experience with company and/or Shell Group projects and standards (SPs and DEPs) is strongly preferred
• Field experience in construction and commissioning strongly preferred
• Experience in front end and detailed design of HV/LV substations and overhead line distribution associated with oil and gas facilities
• Experience in higher voltage system design is preferred
• Detailed knowledge of specification of electrical equipment for use in hazardous areas
• Responsible for all electrical aspects related to Oil and Gas directorates multi-disciplinary projects from front-end design to handover.
• Provide high quality electrical engineering input and approval to electrical front end design, detailed design, preparation of specifications equipment selection, application, installation and commissioning support for the electrical content of Oil and Gas directorates multi-disciplinary projects.
• Provide detailed engineering input during all design phases, including interpretation and challenge of standards.
• Actively communicate with other disciplines to optimize areas of interface, during the design development, review and check processes.
• Support design/drawing office personnel with specialist engineering input.
• Prepare requisitions and technical evaluation of bids for discipline material and equipment sourcing. Ensure equipment Vendors provide timely and quality input into design packages. Review all third party discipline design work.
• Ensure design packages meet the relevant safety, environmental and ergonomic standards.
• Understand the contract quality management system and ensure these requirements are met.
• Participate in and sometimes lead, discipline design reviews.